Prasann Shiksha Evam Jagrukta Samiti is a grassroots non-governmental organization founded in 2012 by service minded and dedicated youth of Sagar, Madhya Pradesh. Limited social and economic development prompted this team to start this organization to address unmet needs in the community and to spread awareness, education and all toher aspect which is required for better world and better living standards of people of the world. The NGO is registered under the society registration act.
To prevent diseases, promote health, socio-economic development and status of vulnerable and disadvantaged women, children, youths and men in community settings adopting Pro-Comm strategy and services.
- To see a community where defenseless and disadvantaged people live sustainable lives and people should be aware of their rights and responsibilities.
Is to reduce poverty, illiteracy and exploitation of the people at large and empower them by educating and spreading awareness.
Governing body of PEAS consists of 11 active and highly experienced and qualified professionals with 6 male and 5 female members. The 3 governing body members are full time active working executives of the organization. Governing body members are having 10– 45 years experience in the development field with national and international exposures. 3 of 11 members are having hand in experience in working with international donor organizations. The geographical experiences of these members are eastern India. Hands on experience of the GB members are from the field of food security; NRM/Watershed management; M&E and MIS development; Gender Equity; Community Health and Child Survival; Legal aid services; large NGO program management; financial management; networking and capacity building, trainings etc.
- Conduction of Workshops.
- Baseline/Formative research
- Primary Health Care
- Adolescent health development programs
- Communicable/Non-communicable disease prevention control e.g. STI/HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, Breast and Cervical cancer
- Empowerment programs e.g. trainings, micro-finance, social welfare
- To conduct baseline studies to identify educational needs.
- To provide basic Health Education and Information training to Women, and Youths for development, Economic Growth and Poverty alleviation.
- To provide food, clothing etc..
- To develop, and produce Posters, Handouts e.t.c.
- To raise Awareness on STD/HIV&AIDS.
- To Collaborate with other Bodies or Agencies Promoting Educaiotn, Health & Awareness.
- Advocacy / Sensitization
- Behavioural Change Communication (BCC)
- Home/Community Based Care
- Youth Friendly Resource Centres
- Training Peer Educators
- Health service provision
- Children / Youth.
- Community Based Organizations (CBOs).
- Community Health Workers
- Traditional / Religious /Community Development Associations
- Policy Makers / Local / State/National level/International Level